Goji berries are a superfood with a super taste that marries perfectly with the cacao in this recipe from Cook Happy, Cook Healthy.
Gojis are naturally sweet and full of vitamin C, which will rally your immune system when you feel run-down. These bars are easy to make and handy to store at home for an energy-packed snack. They’re a great sweet treat for kids too, with no refined sugar, for a stable release of energy.
Makes 8-10 bars.
- 160g raw unsalted almonds
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 20 dried dates, pitted
- 3 tbsp goji berries
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder, plus extra for coating
- Line a 20 x 10cm baking tray or 1kg loaf tin with cling film.
- Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and blitz for about 1 minute, until it forms a paste that sticks together when you press it between your fingers.
- Tip the mixture into the lined tray, and press it down, compacting the mixture until it is smooth and level. Cover and chill until firm or ready to serve. Once firm cut into 8–10 bars. The bars will keep well in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week, or you can freeze them for up to 1 month.